I took this pic from the main street as you enter Sharpsburg, Maryland. I did have the pleasure of traveling through the newly paved roads and parking lots of the National Park. According to the bid that was sent out by the Recovery Act procurement offices, this bid was estimated to cost the Federal Government between $3-8 MILLION!!!!!!!!!!
I am in the process of finding the lucky contractors that won this bid so I can determine how many unemployed people were put back to work. I did see the work crews on several occassions but they all looked like they were wearing NPS uniforms which makes me wonder.
With an enormous debt crises in this country I just dont understand the importance that Vice President Joe Biden, President Barack Obama and the rest of our illustrious leadership has put on paving roads in a battlefield area. The roads, by the way, prior to the resurfacing were no where as bad as the condition of bridges and main roads in towns around the country with their massive potholes. THIS WAS NOT NECESSARY.
I do hope to find out that this job put people BACK TO WORK! I doubt I will find this out though.
- White House Touts Recovery Act, Creation of 3.6 Million Jobs (dailyfinance.com)
- How The Recovery Act is Boosting Small Biz – and Ice Cream Production – Across America (whitehouse.gov)
- Where That Green $32 Billion Went: Recovery Act Update (treehugger.com)
- Barack Obama: “One of the interesting things about the Recovery Act was most of the projects came in under budget, faster than expected, because there’s just not a lot of work there.” (politifact.com)
- ECOtality Ranks #33 in the White House Report on 100 Recovery Act Projects Changing America (eon.businesswire.com)
- Not Business as Usual (whitehouse.gov)
- Hear about the 28th Amendment? Lots of heated public debate! (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Biden Hints at Obama Reelection Themes (usnews.com)
- Federal stimulus package funded projects, services across central Pennsylvania (pennlive.com)
- White House Report Recognizes ECOtality North America for Innovative Role in New Electric Vehicle Economy (eon.businesswire.com)
- Sixty Percent of Stimulus Project Funding Remains Unspent (prweb.com)
- Latest Reports from Recovery Act Recipients on Recovery.gov (whitehouse.gov)
- When and How Recovery Act Investment in Clean Energy Pays Off: A Federal Perspective (energypriorities.com)
- Stimulus facts are stubborn things (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Recovery Act Benefits Air Travelers (charterjet.org)