Add to Cart
Live from the Jazz Philharmonic
Artist/Band: Steven Lee Douglas
Recorded in Saint Petersburg, Russia in 1996. Known as the “Frank Sinatra of Saint Petersburg, American Steven Lee Douglas, performed in Saint Petersburg and Moscow with both the Ars Nova Jazz Quartet under the leadership of Peter Kornev (Piano) and with the Sergey Ruchinsky Troika Band between 1995-2000. The final selection on the CD was recorded with the string section of the world famous Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra.
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A GLOBAL PHONE, SMARTPHONE, DATA HOTSPOT OR SATELLITE PHONE RENTAL
UNLIMITED GLOBAL DATA (NEW!!!)
Our prayers and best wishes go out to all of our American Heroes wearing the uniform of our Military around the globe.
For families who lost loved ones in 2014 we offer our prayers and thoughts for all of you.
Vismo is a Global Tracking Solution which tracks individuals around the world using an application installed on their Smartphone or Iridium and Thuraya satellite phone. It turns their phone into a tracking device with panic-button capability enabling your security team to track, protect and respond to employees as they travel to higher-risk areas of the world. You can use Vismo to show the latest position of any employee in the vicinity and perform on-demand GPS location fixes.
Vismo allows you to get regular GPS locations direct to a secure web platform as well as view current locations and historical trails together with battery life and signal strength. Each smart phone has a panic button which triggers E-mail and SMS alerts in real time to key contacts and covert audio recording. Once the “panic alarm” is raised, the appropriate action can be taken based on the dialogue we have with the individual through our Alarm Response Centre.
We have a number of large trials underway with media, construction and banking clients as they see the Vismo service as solution to help protect their employees who might be working in hazardous or risky areas. Coupled with our global response partner we feel we offer a comprehensive crisis management solution.
There is a short video explaining how Vismo works on our webpage www.vismo.com
If you have interest or questions please let me know.
The Army, Air Force and Marine Corps announced this week a decrease in activated Guard members and reservists while the Navy and Coast Guard announced an increase. The net collective result is 754 fewer reservists and National Guard members activated in comparison to last week.
At any given time, services may activate some units and individuals while deactivating others, making it possible for these figures to either increase or decrease. The total number currently on active duty from the Army National Guard and Army Reserve is 45,236; Navy Reserve, 4,540; Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, 9,486; Marine Corps Reserve, 3,040; and the Coast Guard Reserve, 681. This brings the total National Guard and Reserve personnel who have been activated to 62,983, including both units and individual augmentees.
A cumulative roster of all National Guard and Reserve personnel who are currently activated may be found online at http://www.defense.gov/news/Mobilization-Weekly-Report-100912.pdf .
- 63,737 Guard/Reserve Mobilized for Active Duty as of Sep 2012 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- 63,208 Guard & Reserve Troops serving Active Duty (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Currently: 62,985 Guard & Reserve on Activated for Operations July 2012 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- All Active Services Meet Recruiting Goals Through August (defense.gov)
- New reserve readiness center coming to former Brunswick Navy base (bangordailynews.com)
May 30 2012
The new ideology about why Corn Syrup is bad for you.
Now we will continue the corn syrup articles with the next article in the series. In this article I will discuss what specific foods have corn syrup in them and what brands of food you can switch to in order to prevent any further mishap with corn syrup.
1. Heinz ketchup. I know this sounds quite astounding and concerning but its true Heinz ketchup has corn syrup in it. So why continue to eat it? Well if you enjoy eating it because it is sweet to you guess what? You are slightly incorrect because Heinz ketchup is not sweet according to my taste buds it is spicy and there is ketchup out there that is a leading brand it is called hunts tomato ketchup. If you like the brand because it has small ketchup packets in the brand still switch to Hunts like I said before it is healthier. But here is the bad news about hunts they don’t make ketchup packets so I hope most of you who read this article beg for hunts to make ketchup packets and try to put Heinz out of business. If you are lost in the supermarket and cannot find hunts here is what it looks like. Also if you make hunts the leading brand of ketchup in the world they will let you have ketchup packets let them know that I will definitely support their business. If you see it in a restaurant please resist it.
2. The second food/foods I will be discussing with you is hard served ice cream. I will discuss mint chocolate chip first. The Bryers brand of ice mint chocolate chip has 45% of saturated fat for your daily value and 12% of regular fat for your daily value and has no Corn syrup. The haagen daas version has corn syrup and about 65% of saturated fat for your daily value, while it has 45% of regular fat for your daily value. Now here we go for the third brand of ice cream for mint chocolate chip ice cream. The brand known as Edy’s has 75% of saturated fat for your daily value and 55% of regular fat for your daily value. So did you get the brands other than Bryers just because it has a sweeter taste, is it because it is green, or is it because it is thought to be cheaper? The truth is that it is white in the Bryers brand is healthier, and usually the sweeter something is the less healthy it is. If you are trying to save money on ice cream you are correct in this case the cheaper brand is healthier. The Bryers brand is 4dollars in American currency for about two pounds of ice cream, and 4dollars for Edy’s for 16ounces and 2dollars for 1ounce in haagen daas, if you live in Mexico it is more expensive for the same ice cream in America Mexicans please come to the united states for a vacation and try the cheaper foods. Now I will explain my opinion about vanilla ice cream it has 12%saturated fat in the Bryers brand for your daily value and 6%of regular fat for your daily value. In the haagen daas brand it has 45% of saturated fat for your daily value.
3. The third thing I’m going to discuss about is strawberry jam. That is correct strawberry jam has corn syrup in it even though it has real strawberries inside it. Now I don’t know how much saturated fat or regular fat is in it. The leading brands of strawberry jam all have corn syrup in them so the question is how do you prevent them? One way to prevent them is to make your own jam especially if you’re in the big city and then go to a rooftop garden and if they have strawberries take them, because if you were to find a brand that has no corn syrup in it and there is a farmers market about two hours away don’t spend your time looking for the best strawberry brand which is rare. It will also only take an hour to make strawberry jam so why go and waste your valuable time when you can make it. Those of you who live in the country grow your own strawberries rather than by them if you aren’t a farmer. So whatever you do please take only an hour to make healthy jam rather than unhealthy jam.
4. Preservatives most likely have corn syrup so make your own rather than buying them especially in this outrageously weak economy. So in order to make healthy preservatives such as peanut butter and jelly sandwich you must gather these materials. Peanuts strawberries and butter and bread already made without corn syrup and is 100% whole wheat. Then put the butter and peanuts together and make the strawberries chopped and grinded together then wait a couple hours then out them together. So now I will discuss why it is easier to make it instead of buy it. It isn’t physically easier that much in all of reality to make it from scratch but it might be cheaper than buying it if you already have the ingredients so if you want to be healthy make it. So this is the second article made in the corn syrup according to my son series. Stay tuned to the collection of articles it will definitely be fine to expect an article everyday to every two days that is definitely fine with me.
- Sugar Will Duke It Out With Corn Syrup in Court (newser.com)
- The Food Pyramid according to M&N (mom2mandn.wordpress.com)
- Stock Your Cupboards with ConAgra’s The Dish Giveaway (5minutesformom.com)
- Weekend shopping excursion (luvcoupons.wordpress.com)
- Hidden Valley Wants You To Replace Ketchup With Ranch Dressing (businessinsider.com)
- Ketchup’s Unsavory Secret History (refreshingnews99.blogspot.com)
- Ketchup Used to Be Made of Fish: The Crazy History of The World’s Greatest Condiment (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Ketchup Used to Be Made of Fish: The Crazy History of The World’s Greatest Condiment (gizmodo.com)
- Top 10 Things Worth Paying For (allthingsfadra.com)
- Weekly Meal Plan for May 13, 2012 (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Winn Dixie Weekly Ad 5/23/12 – 5/2912 (savinginflorida.com)
- How to measure social media ROI? (elizakruczkowska.wordpress.com)
- Festival Foods Ad-Match – May20 – May 26 (luvcoupons.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Meal Plan for April 22, 2012 (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Curt Schilling Is A Welfare Case (popculturehasaids.wordpress.com)
- Publix coupon match ups for the week of 5/24/12 – 5/30/12 (savinginflorida.com)
- Giant: $.25 Hunt’s Products (forthemommas.com)
- Home-Cured Corned Beef (burntlumpia.typepad.com)
- American Chop Suey and a bonus Mom’s receipe (stevesacooking.com)
- FOX 4 Cost Cutters: 5/23 Grocery List (fox4kc.com)
- Target: Alexia Sweet Potato Fries Promo & Deal (hip2save.com)
- QR Codes: Connecting Marketing Channels to Enhance Customer Experiences (whattheythink.com)
- Last Minute Wings on the BBQ (kosherblogger.wordpress.com)
- Festival Foods Weekly Sales April 8-14 (luvcoupons.wordpress.com)
- Piggly Wiggly match-ups (4/19-4/25/12) (pennypinchboutique.com)
<:footer>By StevenLeeDouglasWV • Posted in Messages from My Son • Tagged Corn syrup, High-fructose corn syrup, Convenience food, Sugar, Food, Omega-3 fatty acid, Wikipedia, Public relations of high-fructose corn syrup, Health, Fructose, Sugar substitute, restaurants, fructose corn syrup, freezing sweet corn, United States, Maize, Starch, Syrup, Mayo Clinic, USDA, United States Department of Agriculture, how to freeze sweet corn, high fructose corn, breakfast, McDonald, Sugarcane, natural sugars, slow metabolism, heart issues, Hunt, Ketchup, Heinz, Heinz Tomato Ketchup, Ice cream, Home, mint chocolate chip, haagen daas, mint chocolate chip ice cream, heinz ketchup, ketchup packets, tomato ketchup • Edit
- Corn Syrup… According to My Son, Post #2 (ihatecornsyrup.wordpress.com)
- My son REALLY HATES corn syrup! (ihatecornsyrup.wordpress.com)
- A Message from My Son (ihatecornsyrup.wordpress.com)
- The History of Corn Syrup (e-How) (ihatecornsyrup.wordpress.com)
- We’re drowning in high fructose corn syrup. Do the risks go beyond our waistline? (San Francisco Chronicle) (ihatecornsyrup.wordpress.com)
- Ketchup and Catsup (ironballoon.wordpress.com)
- Foods Containing Corn Syrup (eHow) (ihatecornsyrup.wordpress.com)
- Corn Syrup According to Wikipedia (ihatecornsyrup.wordpress.com)
- FDA: Corn Syrup Can’t Be Renamed ‘Corn Sugar’ (newser.com)
- U.S. denies name change for high-fructose corn syrup (rawstory.com)
- ConAgra rethinks ketchup (omaha.com)
- What makes “fancy ketchup” so fancy? (holykaw.alltop.com)
- FDA Gives an Insulin Shot In the Arm to Corn Syrup Critics (dailyfinance.com)
Casualties of Battle – Antietam, Sharpsburg, MD
|Civil War – Most casualties in a single day of war…|
- 2nd Re-Enactment Of Antietam Battle Planned In Md. (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Civil War Battle of Pea Ridge to be reenacted (gadling.com)
- Encyclopedia of The Civil War (socyberty.com)
- Who needs that ‘lectric map? We’ve got the Cope Map! (markerhunter.wordpress.com)
- On Cowardice (juwannadoright.wordpress.com)
- Taking the Low Road (jer979.blogspot.com)
- The Battle of Gettysburg and Jennie Wade: The Only Civilian Casualty During the Battle of Gettysburg! (gettysburgisfun.wordpress.com)
- Chapter 11: The Civil War (1861-1865) (galibfrahman.wordpress.com)
- ‘Faugh A Ballagh!’: The 17th Wisconsin at Corinth (irishamericancivilwar.com)
- Scene in Pleasant Valley, Maryland, October, 1862 (jubiloemancipationcentury.wordpress.com)