The Department of Defense announced today the death a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Staff Sgt. Richard L. Vazquez, 28, of Seguin, Texas, died Nov. 13, in Kandahar, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when his unit was attacked with an improvised explosive device while on dismounted patrol in Panjwai, Afghanistan.
For more information, media may contact the U.S. Army Special Forces Command public affairs office during duty hours at 910-908-3947 or after duty hours at 910-689-6187.
- Insurgents IED Kills Six Soldiers Fighting in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan (gloucestercitynews.net)
- AMERICAN HEROES: Staff Sgt. Nelson D. Trent, Staff Sgt. Nicholas J. Reid and Sgt. Michael J. Guillory | cnbnews (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Missouri soldier killed in Afghanistan (stltoday.com)
- Salute Seen Around The World (cnbringblog.wordpress.com)
- AMERICAN HERO: Sgt. David J. Chambers, 25, of Hampton, Va. (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Soldier delivers ‘salute seen around the world’ (usatoday.com)
- Four slain soldiers’ families can’t get death benefits (mcclatchydc.com)
- Friday 11/15 (jamesrivercf.wordpress.com)
- Summer Death Toll: America’s War Dead (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- FALLEN HEROES – Staff Sgt. Richard L. Vazquez, 28 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)