The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. 1st Class Forrest W. Robertson, 35, of Westmoreland, Kan., died Nov. 3, in Pul-E-Alam, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire. He was assigned to the 6th Squadron, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, Fort Stewart, Ga.
For more information the media may contact the Fort Stewart public affairs office at 912-210-9375.
- FALLEN HEROES – Spc. James T. Wickliffchacin, 22 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Fort Stewart soldier killed in Afghanistan (savannahnow.com)
- Fort Stewart soldier dies from injuries suffered in Afghanistan (savannahnow.com)
- Spc. Nicholas B. Burley, 22 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Soldier from Edmond killed in Afghanistan (koco.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,121 (kansascity.com)
- Vanguard’s Mustang Squadron fights until end of mission (dvidshub.net)
- AMERICAN HERO: Spc. James T. Wickliffchacin, 22, of Edmond, Okla (gloucestercitynews.net)
- UPDATED: Red Bluff Army specialist killed in Afghanistan (redding.com)
- Services set for Westmoreland warrior killed in Afghanistan (cjonline.com)