DoD Identifies Army Casualties
The Department of Defense announced today the death of four soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died Oct. 6, in Zhari District, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device.
For more information on 1st Lt. Moreno, media may contact the Madigan Army Medical Center public affairs office at 253-968-1901.
For more information on Sgt. Hawkins and Pfc. Patterson, media may contact the 75th Ranger Regiment public affairs office at 706-545-8407 or after hours at 706-570-5091.
For more information on Sgt. Peters, media may contact the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command public affairs office at 703-409-3168 or 571-305-4041.
- Madigan Army nurse killed in Afghanistan (nwcn.com)
- 2 Fort Benning Rangers among 4 killed in combat over weekend (wtvm.com)
- Army Ranger from Carlisle killed in Afghanistan while aiding a wounded comrade (pennlive.com)
- Army nurse from JBLM killed with Special Operations team in Kandahar (thenewstribune.com)
- Army Ranger from Philomath killed in Afghanistan (oregonlive.com)
- Local woman among 4 soldiers killed in Afghan attack (fox5sandiego.com)
- Madigan Army nurse killed in Afghanistan (king5.com)
- Philomath High grad dies fighting in Afghanistan (gazettetimes.com)
- FALLEN HEROES – 1st Lt. Jennifer M. Moreno, 25, Sgt. Patrick C. Hawkins, 25, Sgt. Joseph M. Peters, 24, Pfc. Cody J. Patterson, 24 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Madigan Army nurse killed in Afghanistan (krem.com)