The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Staff Sgt. Michael H. Ollis, 24, of Staten Island, N.Y., died Aug. 28, in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device, small arms and indirect fire. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light), Fort Drum, N.Y.
For more information the media may contact the Fort Drum public affairs office at 315-772-8286.
- FALLEN HEROES – Staff Sgt. Michael H. Ollis, 24 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- My Thoughts to the Family Of……………………. (joanmoseley.wordpress.com)
- US Military Deaths in Afghanistan at 2,133 (abcnews.go.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,133 (savannahnow.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,133 (ktvb.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,133 (m.onlineathens.com)
- 24-Year-Old Soldier From Staten Island Killed In Afghanistan (catherinephung.wordpress.com)
- AMERICAN HEROES: Sgt. Eric T. Lawson, Spc. Caryn E. Nouv died in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan (gloucestercitynews.net)
- U.S. Military Deaths In Afghanistan Reach 2,133, Injuries At 19,200 (washington.cbslocal.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,133 (onlineathens.com)