The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. 1st Class Ricardo D. Young, 34, of Rosston, Ark., died Aug. 28, in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit with small arms fire. He was assigned to the 307th Engineer Battalion (Combat/Airborne), 20th Engineer Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps, Fort Bragg, N.C.
For more information the media may contact the XVIII Airborne Corps public affairs office at 910-489-2774.
- FALLEN HEROES – Sgt. 1st Class Ricardo D. Young, 34 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Saturday funeral set for Rosston soldier (arkansasonline.com)
- Ft. Bragg soldier dies in Afghanistan (wtkr.com)
- Remembering Sgt. 1st Class Richardo D. Young (joanmoseley.wordpress.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,133 (savannahnow.com)
- Soldier from Arkansas Dies in Afghanistan (fox16.com)
- Flags to fly at half-staff for Arkansas soldier (arkansasonline.com)
- US Military Deaths in Afghanistan at 2,133 (abcnews.go.com)