DoD Identifies Navy Casualties
The Department of Defense announced today the death of two sailors who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died Sept. 22, as a result of an MH-60S Knighthawk helicopter crash while operating in the central Red Sea. Both sailors were assigned to Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron Six at Naval Air Station North Island, San Diego, Calif.
Chief Warrant Officer Jonathan S. Gibson, 32, of Aurora, Ore.
For more information, media may contact the Commander, Naval Air Forces Public Affairs Office at 619-767-1623. After business hours, call 619-572-9414.
- FALLEN HEROES – Lt. Cmdr. Landon L. Jones, 35, Chief Warrant Officer Jonathan S. Gibson, 32 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Governor Kitzhaber Orders Flags At Half-Staff In Honor Of Oregon Sailor CWO Jonathan Gibson (albanytribune.com)
- AMERICAN HEROES: Two Die in Helicopter Crash on September 22 | cnbnews.net (gloucestercitynews.net)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,142 (stripes.com)
- Two Navy Casualties Names Released (joanmoseley.wordpress.com)
- Oregon sailor killed in helicopter crash in Red Sea (oregonlive.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,142 (star-telegram.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,142 (kansascity.com)