DoD Identifies Navy Casualties
The Department of Defense announced today the death of two sailors who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died Sept. 22, as a result of an MH-60S Knighthawk helicopter crash while operating in the central Red Sea. Both sailors were assigned to Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron Six at Naval Air Station North Island, San Diego, Calif.
For more information, media may contact the Commander, Naval Air Forces Public Affairs Office at 619-767-1623. After business hours, call 619-572-9414.
- Search ended for 2 in Navy crash (utsandiego.com)
- Navy helicopter crashes in Red Sea (utsandiego.com)
- Search Continues for Missing Crew Members After KnightHawk Helicopter Crash (freebeacon.com)
- 3 rescued from Navy helicopter crashes in Red Sea – KFMB News 8 (cbs8.com)
- Search and rescue efforts for MH-60S aircrew suspended (dvidshub.net)
- Navy ready if ordered to strike Syria, admiral says (fox5sandiego.com)