The Army National Guard, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve and the Coast Guard Reserve announced this week a decrease in activated National Guard members and reservists, while the Army Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, and the Air National Guard announced an increase of activated reservists. The net collective result is 290 fewer activated National Guard members and reservists in comparison to last week.
At any given time, services may activate some units and individuals while deactivating others, making it possible for these figures to either increase or decrease. The total number currently on active duty from the Army National Guard and Army Reserve is 36,777; Navy Reserve, 4,402; Marine Corps Reserve, 2,284; Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, 7,913; and the Coast Guard Reserve, 542. This brings the total National Guard and reserve personnel who have been activated to 51,918, including both units and individual augmentees.
A cumulative roster of all National Guard and reserve personnel who are currently activated may be found online at http://www.defense.gov/home/features/2013/docs/Mobilization-Weekly-Report-130806.pdf.
- National Guard (in Federal Status) and Reserve Activated as of July 23, 2013 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Thief breaks into historic National Guard Armory in Harlem five times to steal copper piping (nydailynews.com)
- Fiscal Year Recruiting Remains Strong Through June (defense.gov)
- National Guard (in Federal Status) and Reserve Activated as of July 30, 2013 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- DOD Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for Fiscal 2013, Through June 2013 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)