The July 2013 “Report on Progress Toward Security and Stability in Afghanistan,” a biannual report to Congress in accordance with Section 1230 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (Public Law 110-181) as amended; section 1221 of the NDAA for FY 2012 (Public Law 112-81); and sections 1212, 1217, 1223, and 1531(d) of the NDAA for FY 2013 (Public Law 112-239), as amended, was provided today to Congress.
It is posted at http://www.defense.gov/pubs/Section_1230_Report_July_2013.pdf.
- DOD Releases Report on Progress in Afghanistan (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- DoD to Issue New Afghan Report as Endgame Looms (blogs.defensenews.com)
- Afghanistan: Withholding Helicopter Training Undermines U.S. Mission (heritage.org)
- DOD identifies soldier who died in Afghanistan (stripes.com)
- Obama Admin Quietly Releases Taliban Inmates From Gitmo To Open Peace Talks In Afghanistan (breitbart.com)
- Soldier from Colorado Springs Killed in Afghanistan (kktv.com)
- 65 killed in US air raids in Afghanistan (rinf.com)
- Al-Qaeda Backers Found With US Contracts in Afghanistan – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- At least 51 militants killed in Afghanistan (upi.com)
- USAID Squandered The First $50 Million Of A $200 Million Infrastructure Project In Afghanistan (businessinsider.com)