The soldier killed in London’s Woolwich area yesterday was Lee Rigby, 25, a father of a 2-year-old boy. Rigby, described as “always smiling,” served as a machine gunner in Afghanistan, played in the military’s Corps of Drums and was a recruiter in London at the time of his death, the military says.
Rigby was killed in a gruesome attack on a London street. A cleaver-wielding man with bloody hands addressed a camera after the attack with Rigby lying mutilated in the street behind him. “The only reasons we killed this man … is because Muslims are dying daily,” he said in video aired by CNN affiliate ITN.
- Woolwich murder: Tributes for Drummer Lee Rigby killed in street attack (metro.co.uk)
- Drummer Lee Rigby, loving father and Afghan veteran, named as victim of Woolwich terrorist attack (standard.co.uk)
- News story: Drummer Lee Rigby killed in Woolwich incident (gov.uk)
- Woolwich horror: Murdered British soldier named as father-of-one Lee Rigby, 25 (express.co.uk)
- Woolwich attack: Murdered soldier named as Drummer Lee Rigby (metro.co.uk)
- RIP Woolwich Soldier. (menguide.wordpress.com)
- Friends and colleagues pay tribute to soldier killed in Woolwich machete attack Drummer Lee Rigby (independent.co.uk)
- | Woolwich attack: Lee Rigby named as victim! (warcrimesinternational.wordpress.com)
- Lee Rigby, Soldier and Drummer, Killed By Woolwich Monsters (gawker.com)
- Soldier murdered in Woolwich named as Drummer Lee Rigby (telegraph.co.uk)