DOD Identifies Army Casualties
They died May 4, in Maiwand, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when their vehicle was attacked by an enemy improvised explosive device. The soldiers were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 36thInfantry, 1stBrigade Combat Team, 1stArmored Division, Fort Bliss, Texas.
1stLt. Brandon J. Landrum, 26, of Lawton, Okla.,
Staff Sgt. Francis G. Phillips IV, 28, of Meridian, N.Y.,
Spc. Kevin Cardoza, 19, of Mercedes, Texas,
Spc. Thomas P. Murach, 22, of Meridian, Idaho, and
Spc. Brandon J. Prescott, 24, of Bend, Ore.
For more information please contact the Fort Bliss public affairs office at 915-472-0287.
- R.I.P.: Five Soldiers Die in Maiwand, Afghanistan from IED Attack (gloucestercitynews.net)
- RIP 1LT Brandon Landrum, SSG Francis Phillips IV, SPC Kevin Cardoza, SPC Thomas Murach, SPC Brandon Prescott (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Meridian solider, 4 others killed in blast in S. Afghanistan (ktvb.com)
- Names of Seven Fallen Soldiers Released (joanmoseley.wordpress.com)
- Five soldiers die in IED attack in Afghanistan (wtkr.com)
- 5 Fort Bliss soldiers die in Afghan blast (okcfox.com)
- 5 Fort Bliss soldiers die in Afghan blast (kens5.com)
- 5 Fort Bliss soldiers die in Afghan blast (star-telegram.com)
- Soldier from Oklahoma killed in Afghanistan (newsok.com)
- Bend soldier among 5 killed in Afghan bomb blast (ktvz.com)