The Department of Defense today identified four major units to deploy as part of the upcoming rotation of forces operating in Afghanistan. The scheduled rotation involves one cavalry regiment with roughly 3,000 personnel; one armored brigade combat team (ABCT) with roughly 3,200 personnel; one infantry brigade combat team (IBCT) with roughly 2,200 personnel; and a division headquarters with roughly 450 personnel to rotate in summer 2013. The deploying units include:
3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Knox, Ky.
DoD will continue to announce major deployments as they are approved. For information on the respective deployments, contact the following: for the 2nd Cavalry Regiment, contact the 2nd Cavalry Regiment Chief of Public Affairs at 011-49-9662-83-5080 or the U.S. Army Europe Public Affairs Office at 011-49 -611-705-2050; for the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, contact the 1st Cavalry Division Public Affairs Office at 254-287-9400; for the 3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, contact the 1st Infantry Division Public Affairs Office at 785-240-1796; and for the 4th Infantry Division Headquarters, contact the 4th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office at 719-503-0071.
U.S. Department of Defense
Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs)
Update your subscriptions, modify your password or e-mail address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your User Profile Page. You will need to use your e-mail address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hundreds Of Fort Riley Soldiers To Return On Valentine’s Day (wibw.com)
- Hundreds Of Fort Riley Soldiers Return On Valentine’s Day (kake.com)
- 5-1st Cavalry celebrates 180 years of service (dvidshub.net)
- Okla. legislature honoring 45th Infantry, Army National Guard (kfor.com)
- Tunisian Army leaders observe U.S. Army 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division Soldiers training (ireport.cnn.com)
- Okla. Legislature to honor 45th Infantry Division (okcfox.com)