- Recruiting. All four active Services met or exceeded their numerical accession goals for FY 2013 through February.
Army 26,978 accessions, with a goal of 26,795; 101 percent
Navy 14,007 accessions, with a goal of 14,007; 100 percent
Marine Corps 11,131 accessions, with a goal of 11,112; 100 percent
Air Force 11,874 accessions, with a goal of 11,874; 100 percent
- Retention. The Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps exhibited strong retention numbers through the 5th month of FY 2013. The Navy exhibited strong retention numbers in the mid-career and career categories.However, the Navy’s achievement of 88 percent in the initial category is a result of the transition from a downsizing to a stabilizing posture.
- Recruiting. Five of the six Reserve Components met or exceeded their Fiscal-Year-To-Date (FYTD) 2013 recruiting goals. The Army Reserve finished February 1,410 accessions short of its FYTD goal.
Army National Guard 21,186 accessions, with a goal of 20,664; 103 percent
Army Reserve 10,531 accessions, with a goal of 11,941; 88 percent
Navy Reserve 2,237 accessions, with a goal of 2,237; 100 percent
Marine Corps Reserve 3,894 accessions, with a goal of 3,853; 101 percent
Air National Guard 3,960 accessions, with a goal of 3,960; 100 percent
Air Force Reserve 3,085 accessions, with a goal of 3,085; 100 percent
- Attrition All Reserve Components have met their FYTD attrition goals. Current trends are expected to continue. (Note: This indicator lags by a month due to data availability).
Detailed information on specific recruiting data can be obtained by contacting the individual military recruiting commands at 502-626-0164 for Army, 210-565-4678 for Air Force, 703-784-9454 for Marine Corps, and 901-874-9048 for Navy. The Reserve Components can be reached at the following numbers: National Guard Bureau 703-607-2586, Army Reserve 910-570-8330, Air Force Reserve 703-697-1761, Navy Reserve 757-322-5652, and Marine Corps Reserve 504-678-6535.
- DOD Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for Fiscal Year 2013 Through February 2013 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Army Reserve misses Recruiting goals by 1,034; Jan 2013 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- DOD Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for Fiscal 2013, Through January 2013 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- DOD Announces Recruiting And Retention Numbers For Fiscal 2013, Through December 2012 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Army Reserves miss recruiting goals Nov 2012 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Army Reserve misses November recruiting goals (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Fiscal Year Recruiting Numbers Remain Strong Through January (defense.gov)
- Recruiting Continues Robust Through December (defense.gov)