The Army Reserve, Army National Guard, Navy Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, and the Air National Guard announced this week a decrease in activated National Guard members and reservists while the Coast Guard Reserve announced an increase of activated reservists. There was no change in the amount of activated Air Force Reservists. The net collective result is 940 fewer National Guard members and reservists activated in comparison to last week. At any given time, services may activate some units and individuals while deactivating others, making it possible for these figures to either increase or decrease. The total number currently on active duty from the Army National Guard and Army Reserve is 39,771; Navy Reserve, 4,996; Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, 6,946; Marine Corps Reserve, 2,066; and the Coast Guard Reserve, 557. This brings the total National Guard and Reserve personnel who have been activated to 54,336, including both units and individual augmentees.
A cumulative roster of all National Guard and Reserve personnel who are currently activated may be found online at http://www.defense.gov/news/MobilizationWeeklyReport011513.pdf
- 63,208 Guard & Reserve Troops serving Active Duty (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- 58,962 Guard & Reserve on Active Duty (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- National Guard In Federal Status And Reserve Activated As Of January 8, 2013 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- National Guard (In Federal Status) And Reserve Activated As Of December 4, 2012 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- National Guard (In Federal Status) And Reserve Activated As Of November 27, 2012 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)