The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Kenneth W. Bennett, 26, of Glendora, Calif., died Nov. 10, in Sperwan Gar, Afghanistan, from injuries sustained when he encountered an improvised explosive device during combat operations.
He was assigned to the 53rd Ordnance Company (EOD), 3rd Ordnance Battalion (EOD), Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
For more information related to this release, the media may contact the I Corps public affairs office at 253-208-0576.
- Enemy bomb kills JBLM soldier in Afghanistan on 3rd deployment (thenewstribune.com)
- Nov. 12., 2012. – RC-East operational update (sgt-jim.blogspot.com)
- R.I.P. – Staff Sgt. Kenneth W. Bennett (sgt-jim.blogspot.com)
- RIP Kenneth W Bennett (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Kenneth W. Bennett (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- Soldier from Glendora killed in Afghanistan (kfwbam.com)
- Soldier from Glendora killed in Afghanistan (latimesblogs.latimes.com)