The Army, Air Force and Marine Corps announced this week a decrease in activated Guard members and reservists while the Navy and Coast Guard announced an increase. The net collective result is 754 fewer reservists and National Guard members activated in comparison to last week.
At any given time, services may activate some units and individuals while deactivating others, making it possible for these figures to either increase or decrease. The total number currently on active duty from the Army National Guard and Army Reserve is 45,236; Navy Reserve, 4,540; Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, 9,486; Marine Corps Reserve, 3,040; and the Coast Guard Reserve, 681. This brings the total National Guard and Reserve personnel who have been activated to 62,983, including both units and individual augmentees.
A cumulative roster of all National Guard and Reserve personnel who are currently activated may be found online at http://www.defense.gov/news/Mobilization-Weekly-Report-100912.pdf .
- 63,737 Guard/Reserve Mobilized for Active Duty as of Sep 2012 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- 63,208 Guard & Reserve Troops serving Active Duty (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Currently: 62,985 Guard & Reserve on Activated for Operations July 2012 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- All Active Services Meet Recruiting Goals Through August (defense.gov)
- New reserve readiness center coming to former Brunswick Navy base (bangordailynews.com)