DOD Identifies Army Casualties
They died Sept. 5, in Logar Province, Afghanistan, of injuries suffered when their aircraft crashed. They were assigned to the 1st Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment, 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.
Chief Warrant Officer 2 Thalia S. Ramirez, 28, of San Antonio, Texas.
For more information related to this release, media may contact the 82nd Airborne Division public affairs office at 910-309-5561.
- RIP CW2 Jose L Montenegro, CW2 Thalia S Ramirez (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade pilots killed in eastern Afghanistan (dvidshub.net)
- S.A. soldier dies in chopper crash in Afghanistan (mysanantonio.com)
- RIP CPT Scott P. Pace, 1LT Mathew G. Fazzari (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Murrieta bids sad farewell to fallen soldier (swrnn.com)
- S.A. soldier dies in helicopter crash in Afghanistan (mysanantonio.com)
- First woman from S.A. dies in Afghanistan combat (mysanantonio.com)
- 2 Fort Bragg-based pilots killed in Afghanistan (washingtontimes.com)
- R.I.P. – CWO2 Jose L. Montenegro Jr., CWO2 Thalia S. Ramirez (sgt-jim.blogspot.com)
- Thalia S. Ramirez to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery (wjla.com)