The Navy Reserve and Army National Guard announced this week an increase in activated reservists while the Army Reserve, Air Force Reserve and National Guard as well as the Coast Guard announced a decrease. The net collective result is 322 less reservists and National Guard members activated in comparison to last week.
At any given time, services may activate some units and individuals while deactivating others, making it possible for these figures to either increase or decrease. The total number currently on active duty from the Army National Guard and Army Reserve is 45,626; Navy Reserve, 4,246; Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, 9,235; Marine Corps Reserve, 3,272; and the Coast Guard Reserve, 829. This brings the total National Guard and Reserve personnel who have been activated to 63,208, including both units and individual augmentees.
A cumulative roster of all National Guard and Reserve personnel who are currently activated may be found online at http://www.defense.gov/news/d20120814ngr.pdf
- Currently: 62,985 Guard & Reserve on Activated for Operations July 2012 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- DOD Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for Fiscal 2012, Through June (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Military a major force behind World Series (shelbystar.com)
- Reserve Forces on Active Duty December 2011 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Joint AF Reserve and National Guard team takes Gold Medal (dvidshub.net)