They died Aug. 8, in Sarkowi, in Kunar province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when they encountered an insurgent who detonated a suicide vest. These soldiers were assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo.
Maj. Thomas E. Kennedy, 35, of West Point, N.Y.,
and Command Sgt. Maj. Kevin J. Griffin, 45, of Laramie, Wyo.
For more information related to this release, media may contact the Fort Carson public affairs office at 719-526-7525 and 719-526-5500
RIP MAJ Thomas E Kennedy, CSM Kevin J Griffin (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Afghanistan: 3 Troops, Aid Worker And Interpreter Killed In Suicide Bombing (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bomb kills 4 Americans in Afghanistan (edition.cnn.com)
- Wyoming soldier among victims ID’d in Afghanistan suicide attack (billingsgazette.com)
- ISAF: Man in Afghan security uniform kills 3 US troops (cnn.com)
- Victims ID’d in suicide attack in Afghanistan (mysanantonio.com)
- Victims ID’d in suicide attack in Afghanistan (sacbee.com)
- R.I.P. – Maj. Thomas E. Kennedy, Command Sgt. Maj. Kevin J. Griffin (sgt-jim.blogspot.com)
- Officials: Suicide bomb blast kills US aid worker, 3 US troops in Afghanistan (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- RIP MAJ Thomas E Kennedy, CSM Kevin J Griffin (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Senior Army NCO Killed in Afghanistan Suicide Blast, Brigade Commander Is Wounded (abcnews.go.com)