The Navy and Marine Corps announced this week a decrease in activated reservists while the Army, Air Force and Coast Guard announced an increase. The net collective result is 545 additional reservists and National Guard members activated in comparison to last week.
At any given time, services may activate some units and individuals while deactivating others, making it possible for these figures to either increase or decrease. The total number currently on active duty from the Army National Guard and Army Reserve is 45,604; Navy Reserve, 4,231; Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, 9,576; Marine Corps Reserve, 3,289; and the Coast Guard Reserve, 830. This brings the total National Guard and Reserve personnel who have been activated to 63,530, including both units and individual augmentees.
A cumulative roster of all National Guard and Reserve personnel who are currently activated may be found online at http://www.defense.gov/news/d20120807ngr.pdf .
- Currently: 62,985 Guard & Reserve on Activated for Operations July 2012 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Military a major force behind World Series (shelbystar.com)
- Joint AF Reserve and National Guard team takes Gold Medal (dvidshub.net)
- Reserve Forces on Active Duty December 2011 (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Review: Changes needed in Guard, Reserve pay (rep-am.com)
- Review calls for changes after finding pay discrepancy among Guard, Reserve members (foxnews.com)
- Review: Changes needed in Guard, Reserve pay (hosted.ap.org)