The Department of Defense announced today the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Medal for NATO Operations and Activities in Africa and the NATO Medal for Operations and Activities in Libya have been approved for acceptance and wear by eligible U.S. service members and DoD civilian personnel.
NATO awards the NATO Medal for NATO Operations and Activities in Africa for service in direct support of one of the following operations or activities:
- North Atlantic Council-approved NATO support activities in relation to the African Union
- Operation ALLIED PROVIDER
- Operation ALLIED PROTECTOR
- Operation OCEAN SHIELD
NATO awards the NATO Medal for NATO Operations and Activities in Libya for service in direct support of the following operation:
- Operation UNIFIED PROTECTOR
Individuals awarded the NATO Medal for NATO Operations and Activities in Africa or for Libya should consult with their personnel offices for more information on eligibility or to update their personnel files.
For a list of the NATO medals that have been authorized for acceptance and wear by U.S. service members, see DoD Manual 1348.33, Manual of Military Decorations and Awards, Volume 3.
- NATO Chief Praises Libya Vote (blogs.voanews.com)
- How Many Innocent Civilians Did NATO Kill in Libya? (globalspin.blogs.time.com)
- Usa Imports More Oil From Africa Than From Saudi Arabia (aangirfan.blogspot.com)
- The Questions before NATO today (english.pravda.ru)
- Africom Forms Military Relationship With Libya (defense.gov)
- Syria: NATO Plans New Sykes-Picot, Middle East Chaos (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)
- Libya: New AFRICOM & NATO Beachhead in Africa (boilingfrogspost.com)
- NATO Defends Civilian Deaths in Libya War (news.antiwar.com)
- Nato history: Highs and lows of defence pact agreed soon after Second World War (scotsman.com)
- Kucinich: “NATO Talks a Sham: War in Afghanistan is Not Ending” (weeklyintercept.blogspot.com)