The Department of Defense today identified four units to deploy as part of the upcoming rotation of forces operating in Afghanistan. The scheduled rotation involves one brigade combat team with more than 3,000 personnel to rotate in late Spring 2012; one brigade combat team with more than 2,950 personnel and one combat aviation brigade with more than 2,580 to rotate in late Fall 2012; and one combat aviation brigade with more than 2,500 personnel to rotate in early Winter 2012. The deploying units include:
101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) Combat Aviation Brigade, Fort Campbell, Ky. (deploys in late Fall 2012).
DoD will continue to announce major deployments as they are approved. For information on these respective deployments, contact the following: 4th BCT, 1st Inf. Div., contact the 1st Infantry Division public affairs office at 757-685-2767, or 785-240-5656; 3rd BCT, 101st Abn. Div. (Air Assault); 101st Abn. Div. CAB, contact the 101st Abn. Div. (Air Assault) public affairs office at 270-798-9962; and 3rd Inf. Div. CAB, contact the 3rd Infantry Division public affairs office at 912-435-9869.
- Soldiers continue serving despite troop cuts (dvidshub.net)
- Deployed soldiers stand ready to battle with fire (dvidshub.net)
- Fort Carson kicks off Iron Horse Week (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- 101st Airborne Division Change of Responsibility Ceremony June 8th (clarksvilleonline.com)
- Units Alerted for Afghanistan Deployment (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Kandahar Air Wing lead first air assault (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP 1LT Eric Yates, SSG Jaime C Newman (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Partisan Gridlock Could “Devastate” Troops (commentarymagazine.com)
- NY/PA National Guard Get Marching Orders to Afghanistan/Kuwait (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- More Than 200 Fort Carson Troops Return From Afghanistan (denver.cbslocal.com)