TI News: An information service from Office of Travel & Tourism Industries (OTTI)
June 05, 2012
International Visitor Spending Data Release: 2011
In 2011 international visitors spent a record-breaking $153.0 billion on U.S. travel and tourism-related goods and services, an increase of 14 percent when compared to 2010. The previous record of $141.4 billion was set back in 2008 before the onset of the global economic slowdown.
Americans spent more than $110.2 billion traveling abroad last year (up 7%) – resulting in a $42.8 billion trade surplus for travel and tourism for 2011 – a 35 percent more favorable balance of trade than 2010 and the largest trade gap in history for U.S. travel and tourism.
The Office of Travel and Tourism Industries recently released the follow spending-related data:
United States Travel and Tourism Exports, Imports, and the Balance of Trade report for 2011
< http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/2011_International_Visitor_Spending.pdf >
Top 10 International Markets: Visitation and Spending report for 2011
< http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/pdf/2011-Top-10-Markets.pdf >
Monthly Visitor Spending (Exports/Imports/Balance) in Excel for 2011
< http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/Monthly_Exports_Imports_Balance.xls >
Annual Visitor Spending (1960-2011) in Excel
< http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/Annual_Exports_Imports_Balance.xls >
U.S. Travel and Tourism Balance of Trade: 2002 â€“ 2011 (All Countries)
< http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/2002-2011.pdf >
2011 Travel and Tourism Fact Sheet
< http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/Fast_Facts.pdf >
10-Year Travel and Tourism-Related Spending Timelines for the following regions/countries:
To view these annual timelines, please visit: < http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/research/reports/recpay/index.html >
The Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI) is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating international travel and tourism statistics for the U.S. Travel and Tourism Statistical System.
For more travel and tourism-related trade data dating as far back as 1960, please visit:
< http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/research/reports/recpay/index.html >.
- Is Robert Mugabe really the UN’s envoy for tourism? No (liberalconspiracy.org)
- D.C. tourism 2011: Almost 18 million visit (wjla.com)
- New Santa Monica Tourism Data Released At Summit (smmirror.com)
- Tourism arrivals record in April (timesofmalta.com)
- Tinet Extends its Global IP & Ethernet Network into the Phoenix NAP Datacenter (prweb.com)
- Introduction: Tourism (lloydsbankwholesale.com)
- Tourism: G20 countries seek to ease visa burdens (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Travel season begins (record-eagle.com)
- DC Breaks Tourism Record: Nearly 18 Million Visited Washington In 2011 (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Travel and Tourism Bills Proposed in Congress (humboldtdems.wordpress.com)