The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died April 26, in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, from injuries sustained when their vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device.
Staff Sgt. Brandon F. Eggleston, 29, of Candler, N.C., who was assigned to 4th Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group, Fort Bragg, N.C.
Sgt. Dick A. Lee Jr., 31, of Orange Park, Fla., who was assigned to 95th Military Police Battalion, 18th Military Police Brigade, 21st Theater Sustainment Command, Sembach, Germany.
For more information related to Staff Sgt. Eggleston, the media may contact Special Forces public affairs at 910-689-6187. For information related to Sgt. Lee the media may contact 21st Theater Sustainment Command public affairs in Kaiserslautern, Germany at 011-49-631-413-8184.
- Department of Defense announces local soldier’s death (news4jax.com)
- Orange Park soldier dies in Afghanistan (news4jax.com)
- Orange Park soldier dies in Afghanistan (jacksonville.com)
- RIP SSG Brandon F Eggleston, SGT Dick A Lee Jr (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- 2 US soldiers die after vehicle hits IED in Afghanistan (stripes.com)
- Memorial Friday for Heidelberg-based soldier (stripes.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,828 (kansascity.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,828 (miamiherald.com)
- Life after bin Laden: A dad’s perspective (tbo.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Staff Sgt. Tyler J. Smith, 24, of Licking, Mo., died April 3, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when he was attacked with an enemy improvised explosive device. (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Procession and memorial today for Orange Park soldier killed in Afghanistan (jacksonville.com)
- Family, friends remember Keystone Heights soldier killed in Afghanistan (jacksonville.com)
- Family, friends remember Army Staff Sgt. Dick Lee from Keystone Heights (jacksonville.com)