DOD Identifies Marine Casualty
2nd Marine Logistics Group (Forward) Logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. Joseph D’Augustine, 29, of Waldwick, N.J., died March 27 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 8th Engineer Support Battalion, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the 2nd Marine Logistics Group public affairs office at 910-451-3538.
Combat Service Identification Badge of the 172nd Infantry Brigade. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
DOD Identifies Army Casualty
The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. William R. Wilson III, of Getzville, N.Y., died March 26 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, of wounds from small arms fire.
His death was originally reported by the International Security Assistance Force, which characterized it as the result of gunshot wounds inflicted by an alleged member of the Afghan Local Police.
Wilson was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment, 172nd Infantry Brigade, Grafenwoehr, Germany.
For more information the media may contact U.S. Army Europe public affairs in Heidelberg, Germany by phone at 011-49-6221-57-8628
- RIP SGT William R. Wilson III (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- DOD identifies soldier killed by alleged Afghan policeman (stripes.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Sgt. Jerry D. Reed II, 30 (loopyloo305.com)
- RIP SGT Jerry D Reed II (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Soldier From Mass. Dies In Afghanistan (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Arkansas Soldier dies in Afghanistan (examiner.com)
- Keith D. Benson (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- Army planning drawdown in Europe (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Combined forces establish presence in Gomal district (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,771 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Sgt. William R. Wilson III, of Getzville, N.Y., died March 26 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, of wounds from small arms fire by Local Afghan Police (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Flags at half-staff for N.Y. soldier (myfoxny.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Sgt. Jamie D. Jarboe, 27, of Frankfort, Ind., died March 21 from wounds suffered on April 10, 2011 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- ANA certifies artillery battery for Paktika operations (waronterrornews.typepad.com)