DOD Identifies Army Casualty
Spc. Edward J. Acosta, 21, of Hesperia, Calif., died March 5, in La Jolla, Calif., of injuries sustained Dec. 3, 2011, when his vehicle was struck by an improvised-explosive device in Wardak province, Afghanistan.
For more information related to this release, media may contact the First Armored Division Public Affairs office at 915-744-8406 or 915- 203-3769.
- RIP SFC Clark A. Corley Jr., SPC Ryan M. Lumley, SPC Thomas J. Mayberry (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Thomas J. Mayberry (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- Ryan M. Lumley (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- Clark A. Corley, Jr. (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,731 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Tacoma soldier dies in Afghanistan (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Jalfred D. Vaquerano (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- RIP PFC Neil I. Turner (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RCP-30 explains complexity and importance of route clearance (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP PVT Jalfred D. Vaquerano (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,735 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,735 (mysanantonio.com)
- Updated: The War Dead Since Sept. 21, 2011 (seattleweekly.com)