DOD Identifies Marine Casualty
Lance Cpl. Edward J. Dycus, 22, of Greenville, Miss., died Feb. 1 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
This incident is under investigation.
For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the 2nd Marine Division public affairs office at 910-450-6575.
- Saturday 120128 (crossfit.com)
- RIP LCpl Edward J Dycus (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,769 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- U.S. Military Deaths in Afghanistan (nytimes.com)
- Marine not guilty in hazing of lance corporal who committed suicide (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Marine sergeant accused of hazing goes to trial (foxnews.com)
- Marine In Hazing Case Found Not Guilty (myfoxny.com)
- The Key to the Soldiers on the Cover (6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com)