|East Asia & Pacific > Thailand > Bangkok|
|This message alerts U.S. citizens in Thailand that foreign terrorists may be currently looking to conduct attacks against tourist areas in Bangkok in the near future. U.S. citizens are urged to exercise caution when visiting public areas where large groups of Western tourists gather in Bangkok.
U.S. citizens are encouraged to maintain a heightened awareness when out in public; be alert for unattended packages/bags in public/crowded places and report any suspicious behavior to the nearest law enforcement personnel. We also encourage you to keep a low profile in public areas, particularly areas frequented by foreign tourists.
The American Citizen Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy is located at 95 Wireless Road in Bangkok, and can be reached by calling 66-2-205-4049, or by e-mailing email@example.com. The Embassy’s after-hours emergency telephone number is 66-2-205-4000. The U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai is located at 387 Wichayanond Road in Chiang Mai. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consulate General can be reached by calling 66-53-107-777 and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The after-hours emergency telephone number is 66-81-881-1878.
For the latest security information, you should regularly monitor the Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet website, where current Worldwide Cautions, Travel Alerts, Travel Warnings and health-information resources can be found. You can also obtain up-to-date information on security by calling 1-888-407-4747 (toll free) in the U.S. and Canada or, for callers in other areas, by calling a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
Note: Due to a technical error, some recipients received this message – followed by a recall message – a few minutes later. Please disregard the recall message.
- US Embassy warns of terror threat in Bangkok (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- U.S. Embassy warns of terror threat in Bangkok (thehindu.com)
- US Embassy warns of terror threat in Bangkok (foxnews.com)
- Thailand: U.S. Embassy Warns Of Possible Terrorist Attack In Bangkok (huffingtonpost.com)
- U.S. warns citizens of terrorist threat in Bangkok (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- US warns of terror attack threat in Bangkok; Hezbollah suspect arrested (worldnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- US Embassy warns of terror threat in Bangkok (ibnlive.in.com)
- US Embassy warns of terror threat in Bangkok (newsok.com)
- U.S. warns citizens of terrorist threat in Bangkok (cnn.com)
- Thailand nabs suspect in terror warning (edition.cnn.com)