DOD Identifies Army Casualties
They died June 29 in Badrah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with indirect fire. They were assigned to 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas.
Capt. David E. Van Camp, 29, of Wheeling, W.Va.;
Capt. Matthew G. Nielson, 27, of Jefferson, Iowa; and
Spc. Robert G. Tenney Jr., 29, Warner Robins, Ga.
- RIP CPT David E. Van Camp, CPT Matthew G. Nielson, SPC Robert G. Tenney Jr. (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP PFC Matthew J. England (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP SPC Matthew R. Gallagher (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP SSG Russell J. Proctor, PFC Dylan J. Johnson (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Soldier Michael Sewell 23 remembered (thetruthhaschanged.com)
- RIP CPT Matthew G. Nielson (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Capt. Matthew G. Nielson, 27, of Jefferson, Iowa, died June 29, in Badrah, Iraq (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- USD-S Heroes Tribute, 09 July 2011 (chaplainjcraigcombs.wordpress.com)