DOD Identifies Army Casualties
They died May 26 of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device in Kandahar province, Afghanistan. They were assigned to the 4th Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment, 159th Combat Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky.
1st Lt. John M. Runkle, 27, of West Salem, Ohio;
Staff Sgt. Edward D. Mills Jr., 29, of New Castle, Pa.;
Staff Sgt. Ergin V. Osman, 35, of Jacksonville, N.C.;
Sgt. Thomas A. Bohall, 25, of Bel Aire, Kan.;
Sgt. Louie A. Ramos Velazquez, 39, of Camuy, Puerto Rico; and
Spc. Adam J. Patton, 21, of Port Orchard, Wash.
- RIP 1LT John Runkle, SSG Edward Mills Jr, SSG Ergin Osman, SGT Thomas Bohall, SGT Louie Velazquez, SPC Adam Patton (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- John M. Runkle (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- Louie A. Ramos Velazquez (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- Edward D. Mills, Jr. (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- Ergin V. Osman (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)