Jared Loughner’s family issues statement: ‘We wish we could change the heinous events’
The family of Tucson shooting suspect Jared Loughner handed out a written statement to reporters standing in front of their home late Tuesday afternoon. A man, who appeared to be a representative of the family, walked out of the home and provided this statement, which reads:
This is a very difficult time for us. We ask the media to respect our privacy. There are no words that can possibly express how we feel. We wish that there were, so we could make you feel better. We don’t understand why this happened. It may not make any difference, but we wish that we could change the heinous events Saturday. We care very deeply about the victims and their families. We are so very sorry for their loss.
Thank you, the Loughner Family
The man who passed out the statement did not answer any questions.
- Jared Loughner’s Parents (buzzfeed.com)
- Classmate of Jared Loughner feared the worst before mass shooting, according to e-mails (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Alone and in Private: Loughner’s Family Remains in Forced Isolation (abcnews.go.com)
- Jared Loughner Charged in Giffords Shooting (newser.com)
- Poll: Most Americans Reject Cynical Msm Spin on Loughner Shooting Rampage (healthcarebs.com)
- Arizona shooting: Jared Loughner was urged to seek help (telegraph.co.uk)
- ‘We Don’t Understand Why This Happened’: Loughners Release Statement About Son (mediaite.com)
- Neighbor: Alleged Shooter’s Parents Devastated (huffingtonpost.com)
- Parents of Jared Loughner ‘Devastated’, May Release Statement (towleroad.com)
- Tragedy in Tucson: Parents of Alleged Shooter Distraught, Secluded (abcnews.go.com)