The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of four soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. They died June 18 in Uruzgan province, Afghanistan of injuries suffered during a vehicle roll-over. The soldiers were assigned to the 4th Battalion, 70th Armor Regiment, 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Baumholder, Germany.
Sgt. 1st Class Alvin A. Boatwright, 33, of Lodge, S.C.,
Sgt. Edward F. Dixon III, 37, of Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo.,
Sgt. Alan L. Snyder, 28, Worcester, Mass., and
Spc. Tyler R. Kreinz, 21, Beloit, Wis.
- RIP SFC Alvin A. Boatwright, SGT Edward F. Dixon III, SGT Alan L. Snyder, SPC Tyler R. Kreinz (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Another Fallen Hero: SPC Scott D. Smith, UPDATE: SFC Alvin A. Boatwright, SGT Edward F. Dixon III More Obama Outreach to Jihadi Taliban (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Missing in Action – Sgt. Bowe R. Bergdahl, 25 (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- RIP CPT Michael W. Newton (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP PFC Eric D. Soufrine (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,510 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Today’s War Dead (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Alvin A. Boatwright (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)