DoD Identifies Army Casualties
The Department of Defense announced today the death of six soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died Dec. 17, in Now Bahar, Afghanistan, of injuries suffered as a result of a helicopter crash. The incident is pending investigation.
Chief Warrant Officer 2 Randy L. Billings, 34, of Heavener, Okla.,
Sgt. Peter C. Bohler, 29, of Willow Spring, N.C.
f Shubuta, Miss., assigned to 1st Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Combat Aviation Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kan.
For more information on Billings, Silverman, Forde, Bohler or Gordon, media may contact the 1st Infantry Division public affairs office at 785-240-1796.
For more information on Williams, media may contact the U.S. Army Europe public affairs office at 011-49-162-271-6685.
- FALLEN HEROES – Chief Warrant Officer 2 Randy L. Billings, 34, Chief Warrant Officer 2 Joshua B. Silverman, 35, Sgt. Peter C. Bohler, 29 (goodsoldiersorg.wordpress.com)
- Oklahoma man killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash, DOD says (koco.com)
- Oklahoma soldier among those killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash (kfor.com)
- Flags at half-staff to honor fallen Scottsdale soldier (azfamily.com)
- UPDATE: North Carolina soldier killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash (wvec.com)
- Ga. soldier killed in Afghanistan (savannahnow.com)
- Oklahoman among six soldiers killed in helicopter crash in Afghanistan (newsok.com)
- 5 Fort Riley Soldiers Killed In Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan Identified (wibw.com)