Sgt. Nicholas M. Dickhut, 23, of Rochester, Minn., died April 30 in Zharay, Afghanistan, from wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire. He was assigned to the 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
For more information the media may contact Joint Base Lewis-McChord public affairs office at 253-967-0152 or 0148.
- RIP SGT Nicholas M Dickhut (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- DOD announces death of Army Sgt. Nicholas Dickhut (examiner.com)
- Bomb blast kills 2 NATO troops in eastern Afghanistan (channel6newsonline.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Staff Sgt. Brandon F. Eggleston, 29, of Candler, N.C. and Sgt. Dick A. Lee Jr., 31, of Orange Park, Fla (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- DOD Identifies Unit for Upcoming Afghanistan Rotation (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- RIP 1LT David A. Johnson (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Sgt. Jamie D. Jarboe, 27, of Frankfort, Ind., died March 21 from wounds suffered on April 10, 2011 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Sgt. William R. Wilson III, of Getzville, N.Y., died March 26 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, of wounds from small arms fire by Local Afghan Police (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- David A. Johnson (americanheroesmemorial.wordpress.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Staff Sgt. Tyler J. Smith, 24, of Licking, Mo., died April 3, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when he was attacked with an enemy improvised explosive device. (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)