DOD Identifies Army Casualty
The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Staff Sgt. Derek J. Farley, 24, of Nassau, N.Y., died Aug. 17 at Bala Boluk, Farah, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated as he attempted to disarm it. He was assigned to the 18th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, 16th Sustainment Brigade, 21st Theater Sustainment Command, Grafenwoehr, Germany.
DOD Identifies Army Casualties
The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died Aug.17 in Kunar province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device caused a military vehicle roll-over.
Pfc. Benjamen G. Chisholm, 24, of Fort Worth, Texas.
Pvt. Charles M. High, IV, 21, of Albuquerque, N.M.
- Insurgents IED Kills Six Soldiers Fighting in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan (gloucestercitynews.net)
- RIP SPC Justin E Culbreth (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP SSG Jason A. Reeves (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP SGT Michael D Kirspel, Jr (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP SFC James E Thode (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,253 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- RIP SSG Sean M Flannery, SPC William K Middleton (waronterrornews.typepad.com)