The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of two Marines who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
The following Marines died July 22 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
Lt. Col. Mario D. Carazo, 41, of Springfield, Ohio.
Maj. James M. Weis, 37, of Toms River, N.J.
* * * * *
DOD Identifies Army Casualties
The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of four soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died July 24, at Qalat, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when insurgents attacked their military vehicle with an improvised explosive device.
Staff Sgt. Conrad A. Mora, 24, of San Diego, Calif.
Sgt. Daniel Lim, 23, of Cypress, Calif.
Spc. Joseph A. Bauer, 27, of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Pfc. Andrew L. Hand, 25, of Enterprise, Ala.
Lance Cpl. Frederik E. Vazquez, 20, of Melrose Park, Ill.,
died July 24 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, IIMarine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Cpl. Eric M. Torbert Jr., 25, of Lancaster, Pa., died Dec. 18 (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Cpl. Sean A. Osterman, 21, of Princeton, Minn., died Dec. 16 (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Lance Cpl. William H. Crouse IV, 22, of Woodruff, S.C., died Dec. 21 (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Lance. Cpl. Jose L. Maldonado, 21, of Mathis, Texas, died Dec. 17 (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- Fallen But Not Forgotten – Casualties of War (thecommunicatorwv.wordpress.com)
- RIP LCpl William H Crouse IV (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP LCpl Jose L. Maldonado (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP Cpl Eric M. Torbert Jr. (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP LCpl Jose A Hernandez (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- RIP Cpl Sean A. Osterman (waronterrornews.typepad.com)